Saturday, January 23, 2010

In My Mailbox this Week!



I love the cover to Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I haven't heard a lot of buzz about it, yet. Oh, I see Bookshelves of Doom gives it a five star rating on goodreads.com! I love her reviews. Incarceron looks a bit like City of Ember and maybe a little Hunger Games? Hm, this sounds really good, from Catherine's website:

Imagine a living prison so vast that it contains corridors and forests, cities and seas. Imagine a prisoner with no memory, who is sure he came from Outside, even though the prison has been sealed for centuries and only one man, half real, half legend, has ever escaped.

Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells, but also metal forests, dilapidated cities, and vast wilderness.


Stupid Cupid is about Felicity Walker, who finds a job with the matchmaking company Cupid's Hollow and becomes a cupid, making romanitc connections between students at her school. It looks really funny.

In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth is the story of two girls, one who dies and donates her heart and another who needs a heart transplant. You hear the two stories of both girls who have shared one heart. And this is from the Author's Note at the back of the book:

I began this book shortly after my mother died of congestive heart failure and my nephew Jason was killed in a motorcycle accident. It started out as therapy--it kept me writing through my grief. Jason was an organ donor. I liked the idea that part of him still lived on in the world, not only in our memories, but in some unique way in those lives he touched as an organ donor.

Mandy

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren!

10 comments:

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Great books! I agree that Incarceron looks and sounds good, and I've been seeing some widgets for it around the blogosphere though no reviews as of yet. Happy reading! :)

Nicole Settle said...

Incarceron is seriously awesome! For me, it was one of those books I couldn't put down! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

prophecygirl said...

Stupid Cupid and In A Heartbeat both sound good. I haven't seen them around for a while, so thanks for reminding me!

Happy reading!

brizmus said...

I don't knwo why, but the cover of in a heartbeat really just touches me.

YA Book Queen said...

Awesome books! I keep hearing how incredibly amazing Incarceron is. Have fun reading :D

R.J. Anderson said...

I love INCARCERON soooooooooooo much. I have both the book and its sequel, bought from the UK over a year ago, and I am dying (DYING I TELL YOU) for another one. I hope it takes off in North America so that there will be a third book in the series.

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. Incarceron looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

ninefly said...

the cover for in a heartbeat is tempting me...I'd love to see your review for it =)

Stacey Brucale said...

These all look really good. I love the covers!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Stupid Cupid sounds SO cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails