Friday, February 19, 2010

In My Mailbox This Week!

I had a supercool Vlog all ready to post here, just talking about the books I got this week, but I don't know how to upload it in blogger (well actually, my problem is that the video is a huge .avi file and I don't know how to compress it. Or whatever I need to do to get it small enough to upload quickly onto blogger. Hey if anyone has any ideas it would help me out very very much...). It's too bad because it was a lot of fun to make and I've been struggling with it for a day now, googling info to help. To no avail. Anyways...*grumble grumble*


I know DJ MacHale from his Pendragon series, so I'm eager to read the first book in his newest trilogy, Morpheus Road: Book #1 The Light. On DJ's website he recently asked "Have you ever had a supernatural experience?", and mentions that one of the scenes in this book re-creates his own experience with the supernatural. He doesn't give any spoilers, so I'm wondering what it could mean. It's out in April.
And Everlasting by Angie Frazier has a subtle cover for a story that involves historical drama, a bit of magic, and a treacherous ship crossing. The back blurb says, "An ancient magic, summoned..." It's out in June.
And I haven't read any Susane Colasanti so I'm looking forward to Something Like Fate. I love the cover on this one, it speaks volumes *har har*. Out in May.



I really love the cover for Wolves, Boys, & Other Things that Might Kill Me. It is a quirky take on the urban paranormal theme, so I hope the story follows suit. Although looking at the premise, the story is about wolves, not werewolves. Out in May.
And Jatta--what a beautiful cover. This one is about werewolves and a fierce werewolf huntress, spurred by the mauling of her sister.
The Left Hand of God is getting a lot of attention. It's the first in a trilogy which looks a little like alternative history set during the Crusades. It's out in June.

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. She does really fun vlogs for her books on Sunday, that I always look forward to watching. I wish I could get mine to work this week.
Mandy

8 comments:

ninefly said...

I'd love to hear what you think of Wolves, Boys, & Other Things that Might Kill Me, and Jatta sounds kinda like Sisters Red, I'll be checking that out =D so many wolves lol
enjoy your books!

YA Book Queen said...

WB&OATTMKM looks awesome (jeez, that's a long title). I love the cover for Everlasting, so pretty...

Have fun reading :D

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. They all look really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Anonymous said...

Something Like Fate looks really good! Want to read that one.

The Library Lurker said...

The books you got look really good! I'm interested in how Morpheus Road is going to be because I really liked the Pendragon series. Everlasting just looks wonderful. Wolves, Boys, and Other Things that Might Kill Me looks great too!

Sara said...

Great week! I'm really curious about Something like Fate!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Fantastic. Enjoy!

Lori said...

Impressive list this week. Enjoy your books. Here's Mine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails