Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shooting to the Top of My Reading List Is...


"Oh, a box of ARCs from Scholastic, this is going to be a great day!...hmm, cool cover with the vines and the OHMYGOD IT IS THE NEW CECIL CASTELLUCCI...This is not even funny... *Co-worker looks on, unflinching (we've worked together for a long time)* I'm not even laughing about this...."

Or

Ehn! Ehn!

So, I'm a huge Cecil fangirl. Now that that's out of the bag, I know what I'm reading tonight! Although I've been pretty engaged in Holly Black's newest, White Cat: The Curse Workers #1. But Cecil is one of my faves (Beige is my fave of faves). Do you ever read two books of fiction at the same time? I try not to because it's weird for me. I'm not above it, though! Often I'll have a fiction and a few non-fiction title going at the same time.

Don't you love the cover? It makes the story seem vaguely fairy-tale-esque. Actually I have no idea what the plot is about and I think I'll keep it that way. Until I read the book, of course.

Mandy

(Cover of Rose Sees Red courtesy of Cecil's blog)

4 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Is it terrible to admit I've never read any Cecil Castelluci?! :-)

Robby said...

I am SO JEALOUS that you have gotten your hands on this book. I also haven't read anything by Cecil Castellucci (please don't hit me.) I'd really like to, though. I can't wait for your review! :]

Mandy (Edge of Seventeen) said...

What must you guys think of me?! I don't lash out if people have not read any of Cecil's fabulous books!

Hehehe. She IS awesome, though. :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous cover. Also, I have not read any Cecil Castellucci but something tells me I should change that...

Yeah, I really hate having more than one book on the go at a time, though I can make an exception for manga. I'll be reading fiction and manga at the same time, and very rarely also a non-fic. But two fiction? My brain can't take it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails